West End’s beautiful upper ballroom boasts tall ceilings, hardwood floors, large windows and an elegant, clean design. Our ceremony-centered lower ballroom features intimate lighting, glossy cement flooring and a simple, stylish look. Overall the venue is vintage yet modern, simple yet well-appointed, and able to lend itself to almost any event.
Our location sits a few blocks off Broadway, near all downtown hotels, Pioneer Square, the Max and bus lines to all downtown destinations. We’re convenient to many photo opportunities, including the Portland Park Blocks, the Arlene Schnitzer concert hall (and its famous sign), the beautiful downtown library, and, for a more urban setting, Director Park.
The best thing about the venue is its simple beauty.
With so many ballrooms available in Portland, we wanted the West End to be different! West End wedding packages include the following features:
- Use of two ballrooms: downstairs for your ceremony and upstairs for dinner, dancing and merriment!
- Two outside areas: a balcony (great for photo ops!) and an alley patio. The patio is accessible from the upper ballroom and a great spot for cooling off from dancing and drinks with friends, or snapping some great couple’s photos with your photographer.
- 10 hour rental: take your time setting up and enjoying your reception. Your 10 hours for set up through clean-up will get you through your day with low stress. Stay up until 2 am!
- All of our tables and chairs are here for you to use! We have Chiavari chairs for your reception and natural wood chairs for the ceremony.
- Our in-house lighting system rivals many in the area. Our original globe lights are here from the 1920’s, and our spotlight system can create the right mood for your event. Our LED uplights add the flair of color to personalize the space.
- An in-house audio system and 55” LCD screen for your photo slideshows.
- Don’t forget about the light up marquee outside the building. Tell us what you want it to say and tell your guests where the big event is happening! It’s a wonderful photo opportunity for you to commemorate the occasion.
- We staff each event with a venue host to monitor the building, handle our equipment and make sure it’s just the way it’s supposed to be for your event. We also have a doorman on site to watch the entrance.
- Premium Oregon wine and beers provided and served by our partner bartending company
- Parking at the West End is a cinch! There’s often ample street parking, but there are also three public lots within a block of the space.